An electronic reproduction of the Guide for Victim Souls of the Sacred Heart of Jesus compiled from various sources by the Very Rev. Joseph Kreuter, OSB.

Nihil Obstat: Arthur J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Censor Librorum. Imprimatur + Stephen J. Donahue, S.T.D., Administrator of New York; 1939.

According to the United States Copyright Office the copyright has expired on this book.

In your charity, please pray that the Sacred Heart draws many souls here to read, contemplate and be enkindled.

Soli+Deo!

Other Texts ...

From the Biography of Mo. Marie Deluil-Martiny: Immolation
by Abbe L. Laplace.
Nihil Obstat. Authur J. Scanlan, S.T.D.
Imprimatur +Patrick Cardinal Hays
New York, July 14, 1926.

Acts of Immolation

Sr. Josefa Menendez

Act of Immolation

My most adorable Savior! Vouchsafe to ac­cept this desire of mine to devote myself wholly and entirely to the task of loving and appeas­ing Thy most Sacred Heart. Deign to look with pleasure upon the sacrifice I offer up to Thee of all I am and all I possess.

To Thee I resign, through the hands of the Blessed Virgin Mary, my person and my life, all my labors, my pains, my sufferings, to make amends for the wrongs Thou hast suffered and all the shocking ingratitude Thou hast met with at the hands of men, intending also to prevent thereby my committing similar crimes.

Yes, my Jesus, let it all be Thine: my soul with its intellect and free will, my heart with its desires and aspirations, my powers and faculties and all my actions, my life and my health, my spiritual progress and my eternal salvation, whatever be clear to me for the pres­ent or the future, for time or eternity, let it all be Thine for ever and ever. Henceforth nothing shall be my own, no, it shall all be devoted to Thee as a sacrifice of expiation, put at the disposal of Thine adorable Providence. Make, then, of me and all my goods whatever Thou wilt, make use of me or put me away as a use­less tool, comfort me or torture me. Let Thy holy will dispose of it all.

I further present and vow to Thee through Mary, my heavenly mother, all the merits and rights acquired by me through holy Masses and Communions, prayers and penances, works of charity, humility, obedience and all other vir­tues that I shall ever perform to the last mo­ment of my life. Let them all serve to honor and propitiate Thy most Sacred Heart.

Behold, O Lord, how I thus wholly belong to Thy Heart, wholly and entirely to Thee. I know I give Thee very little but I give Thee all I can and never will I take back anything I have given Thee. I feel within me a burning desire to appease and to gladden Thee. I shall, however, not be able to do so without that heavenly help which Thou only canst render me. Let Thy holy will regarding me be done. I do put obstacles in its way, I know, I am fully aware of it, but Thou knowest that this is not the consequence of my will but that of frailty, and that I do not intend to hinder the execution of Thy holy will.

Complete then, O divine Heart, this Thy work. It is Thou alone who must do it all; Thine also will be the honor of having made me holy, if I, so frail a being, should become holy. The greater my frailty, the greater the honor that will accrue to Thee; and this is the very reason why I desire to reach perfection. Graciously grant that I may live and die as a true Victim Soul of Thy Divine Heart. Amen.

A Short Act of Immolation
(For daily use)

O sweetest, Jesus, Divine Victim, ever being sacrificed on our altars for the salvation of mankind, I desire to unite with Thee, to suffer with Thee, to sacrifice myself with Thee in union with the many thousands of Victim Souls of the Heart of Jesus.

To this end I offer to Thee all my sufferings and afflictions, all humiliations and all the crosses with which Thy divine providence will line the path of my life. I offer it all to Thee with that very same intention with which Thou, O Divine Heart, offerest and sacrificest Thy­self.

Vouchsafe to ordain that this humble sacri­fice of mine draw down rich blessings upon holy Church and all its priests, upon our coun­try, and the poor sinners, my brothers.

Deign to accept it through the hands of Mary and in union with the dolorous sacrifices of her Immaculate Heart. Amen.

4 comments:

ffjc1226 said...

Pax et Bonum!
Words can't express the depth, love, devotion, and the world's need of this this blog and contents. Thank you for responding to the divine inspiration in creating this blog.

God bless you!
Bfj

Juxta Crucem said...

Dear ffjc ...

Please, in your charity pray that more souls are drawn here. Our Lord is waiting in His prison of Love ...

Immaculatae said...

In addition to praticing this devotion, can a person be part of the association of victim souls?

Juxta Crucem said...

Immaculatae,

Wishing you a blessed Feast Day!

Yes, I believe so, however I have been unsuccessful in finding out how to do so. I had inquired with Fr. John Horgan, who knows the Daughters well and is the vice-postulator for the cause of beatification of Bl. Marie of Jesus, but have not received an answer. Perhaps if you also inquired you could post his answer.

Saints Peter and Paul Parish
1425 West 39th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6M 1T2
Canada
Phone: +1 604-261-3535
Facsimile: +1 604-261-3580
E-mail: sts.peter&paulchurch@telus.net

 
Site Meter