An electronic reproduction of the Guide for Victim Souls of the Sacred Heart of Jesus compiled from various sources by the Very Rev. Joseph Kreuter, OSB.

Nihil Obstat: Arthur J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Censor Librorum. Imprimatur + Stephen J. Donahue, S.T.D., Administrator of New York; 1939.

According to the United States Copyright Office the copyright has expired on this book.

In your charity, please pray that the Sacred Heart draws many souls here to read, contemplate and be enkindled.

Soli+Deo!

Other Texts ...

From the Biography of Mo. Marie Deluil-Martiny: Immolation
by Abbe L. Laplace.
Nihil Obstat. Authur J. Scanlan, S.T.D.
Imprimatur +Patrick Cardinal Hays
New York, July 14, 1926.

Part I; Chapter 2, cont'd: Holy Mass and the Seven Last Words


B. Holy Mass:

Resume of the Life of Jesus Christ – Resume of the Christian Life

First Part

From the Beginning of the Mass to the Offertory

The priest, who is the representative of Jesus Christ, descends the altar steps and purifies himself by the confession of his sins and by sentiments of contrition.

Following his example, I should purify myself by acts of humility and of repentance for my faults.

I confess to Almighty God ... Act of Contrition.

Second Part

From the Offertory to the Consecration

The priest offers the bread and wine of the Sacrifice. I should offer myself in like manner. “Here I am, my God, to do Thy Will.”

An offering of my entire being … my body and all its senses … my heart with all its affections and desires … my soul with all its faculties – an offering of the past in reparation…of the present in order to sanctify it … of the future in preparation – an offering of the merits of Jesus Christ…and offering of the Masses being celebrated today, throughout the world.

An Act of Oblation: Take, O Lord, and receive my freedom, my memory, my understanding, my will; all that I have and all that I possess Thou hast given me, O Lord. I return it all to Thee; it is all Thine. Do with it as Thou wilt. Give me Thy love and Thy grace; they satisfy all my desires (St. Ignatius Loyola).

Third Part

From the Consecration to the Communion

The priest immolates the Divine Victim; he says in the Name of Jesus Christ: “This is My Body…This is My Blood.”

In union with my Savior I should immolate myself without reserve. Humble and loving acceptance of the daily crucifixion … duties of my state of life … trials of this life … hidden sufferings … physical pain … annoyances … humiliations … deceptions … loss of temporal goods, of friends, of parents … spiritual trials … crosses no matter what kind they be – a general and particular acceptance in union with Jesus Christ.

Ita Pater. Yes, Father.

Obediens usque ad mortem, mortem autem crucis! Obedient unto death, even the death of the cross! (Philippians 2:8)

Fourth Part

From the Communion to the End of the Mass

Jesus Christ unites Himself with the priest and with the faithful.

I should unite myself to Him … Sacramental or Spiritual Communion … In becoming one with Him I accomplish more perfectly the four ends of the Mass: I adore … I thank … I petition … I expiate.

The more I shall purify myself by humility,
The more I shall offer myself unreservedly,
The more I shall immolate myself with generosity,
The more worthy I shall be to unite myself with Jesus, thus fulfilling the words of St. Paul: Vivo autem, jam non ego: vivit vero in me Christus. And I live, now not I, but Christ in me. (Galatians 2:20).

Mihi enim vivere Christus est. For me, to live is Christ. (Philippians 1:21)

C. The Seven Last Words of Our Lord on the Cross

1. Pater, dimitte illis, non enim sciunt quid faciunt. Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

2. Hodie, mecum eris in Paradiso. This day thou shalt be with me in Paradise.

3. Mulier, ecce filius tuus! Ecce Mater tua! Woman, behold thy son…Behold thy Mother.

4. Deus meus, Deus meus, ut quid dereliquisti me? My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?

5. Sito. I thirst.

6. Consummatum est! It is consummated.

7. Pater, in manus tuas commendo spiritum meum. Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit.

Commentary on the Seven Last Words of Our Lord on the Cross and the Offering of the Precious Blood

The Seven Last Words – With what spirit of reparation and with what profound respect they should be recited! Renew in your souls the sentiments that the Heart of Jesus experienced when the dying lips of Our Divine Savior pronounced these last words, while His Blood flowed in streams down the Cross and consummated His Great Sacrifice. Pronounce these divine words as a victim united to Jesus, begging that their effects be renewed each hour, because the words of Our Lord produce that which they signify. Say them, not for yourself alone, but for all souls:

Pater, dimitte illis, non enim sciunt quid faciunt. Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. Ask pardon for all sinners.

Hodie, mecum eris in Paradiso. This day thou shalt be with me in Paradise. Request Heaven for the thousands of souls that pass before God each day.

Mulier, ecce filius tuus! Ecce Mater tua! Woman, behold thy son…Behold thy Mother. Lead and recommend all souls to Mary.

Deus meus, Deus meus, ut quid dereliquisti me? My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me? Pray for the divine adoption of all souls and an innumerable family of faithful children for the Heavenly Father.

Sitio! I thirst. Ah, this word is for you.

Jesus in the height of His sufferings thirsts to continue His Passion, which so glorifies His Divine Father; but because the will of this Heavenly Father is that the Bloody Passion of Our Savior may have an end, Jesus asks for a generation of Victim Souls. He wishes that His Passion be a mystical union until the end of time. Say then in your turn, I thirst! I shall accomplish what is lacking in the Passion of my Savior! I must be baptized with a baptism of blood and my heart burns with a desire to receive it.

Jesus knows that He has been heard. He has obtained that which He desires. Listen! He then says:

Consummatum est! It is consummated. And He adds:

Pater, in manus tuas commendo spiritum meum. Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit.

His spirit is left to us as a heritage in order that it may do for our humanity what it did for His holy humanity, and that they may be united in one and the same oblation and sacrifice.

No comments:

 
Site Meter