An electronic reproduction of the Guide for Victim Souls of the Sacred Heart of Jesus compiled from various sources by the Very Rev. Joseph Kreuter, OSB.

Nihil Obstat: Arthur J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Censor Librorum. Imprimatur + Stephen J. Donahue, S.T.D., Administrator of New York; 1939.

According to the United States Copyright Office the copyright has expired on this book.

In your charity, please pray that the Sacred Heart draws many souls here to read, contemplate and be enkindled.

Soli+Deo!

Other Texts ...

From the Biography of Mo. Marie Deluil-Martiny: Immolation
by Abbe L. Laplace.
Nihil Obstat. Authur J. Scanlan, S.T.D.
Imprimatur +Patrick Cardinal Hays
New York, July 14, 1926.

Novena of Confidence

Novena of Confidence to The Three Hearts Forever United

Jesus, Thou Who hast united forever with Thy Sacred Heart the hearts of St. Margaret-Mary, and that of St. Claude la Colombiere, I confide to Thee: [ … your intention … ]

Jesus, Thou hast said to St. Margaret-Mary, “If you believe, you will see the power of my heart.” I am so persuaded with St. Claude, that Thou keepest watch over each one who hopes in Thee and that they can want for nothing when they hope for all things from Thee, that I am resolved to abandon to Thee my concern of [ … your intention … ] and I give Thee all my anxiety about it.

Through the intercession of St. Margaret-Mary and of St. Claude, so powerful with Thy Heart, I have confidence that Thou wilt hear me and wilt do what the compassion of Thy pierced Heart moves Thee to do.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Thy love for me!

Pater, Ave, Gloria

St. Margaret-Mary, pray for us!
St. Claude la Colombiere, pray for us!

The history of this novena:

Saint Claude was saying Mass one morning in the chapel of the Visitation. “God gave him three great graces, and to me also," said St. Margaret-Mary, “for when I drew near to receive holy communion, He showed me His Heart like a burning furnace, and two other hearts which were about to be united and swallowed up in It, saying to me: ‘It is thus My pure love unites these three hearts forever.’ And afterwards He gave me to understand that this union was all for the glory of the Sacred Heart, the treasures of which He wished me to reveal to the Father [Claude Colombiere], so that knowing them, he could publish their value and worth. For that reason He wished that we should be like brother and sister, sharing equally in spiritual goods. When I reminded Him of my poverty and the inequality there was between a man of his great virtue and merit and a poor, miserable sinner like myself, He said to me: ‘The infinite riches of My heart make up for all inequality. Only tell him, and don’t be afraid.’ "

No comments:

 
Site Meter